Ciri-ciri Redaksi Narrative Text
Jika kamu mendapat tugas untuk membuat sebuah tulisan dengan genre narrative text, maka ciri-ciri di bawah ini bisa dijadikan pedoman:
- Fokus pada satu tokoh atau pelaku dan biasanya individual sehingga biasanya menggunakan kata ganti seperti “I, we, she, he”.
- Paling sering menggunakan past tense baik itu simple past tense, past continuous, maupun bentuk past tense lainnya.
- Terkadang menggunakan dialog untuk mengajak pembaca berimajinasi sehingga ceritanya terlihat lebih jelas dan nyata.
- Karena berurutan (kronologis), maka biasanya juga menggunakan kata sambung (conjunction) agar cerita terlihat runtut atau urut.
Contoh Narrative Text dan Penjelasannya
Contoh : 1
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl named Cinderella. He lived with his step mother and two sisters. They were arrogant and bad tempered. They treated Cinderella very badly. Her step mother made Cinderella do the hardest job in the house, such as scrubbing the floor, cleaning the pot and pan and preparing food for the family. Her step sisters, on the other hand, did not work on the house. Their mother gave them many pretty dresses to wear.
One day, a king invited all girls in his kingdom to attend a ball in his palace. They were excited about this and spent so much time choosing the dresses they would wear. Cinderella could not stop crying after they left.
“Why are you crying, Cinderella?” the voice asked.
She looked up and saw a fairy standing beside her. Then Cinderella told her why she was crying. Well the fairy said, “you’ve been such a cheerful, hardworking, uncomplaining girl that I will see that you go to the ball.” The fairy turned a pumpkin into a coach and mice into a smooth two coach man and footman then tapped Cinderella’s dress with her wand, and it became a beautiful ball gown.
Then he gave her a pair of pretty glass shoes. Now, Cinderella, she said, “you have to leave the ball before midnight”. Then he drove away a wonderful coach. Cinderella had a marvelous time either. She danced again and again with the prince. Suddenly the clock began to strike twelve, she ran toward the door as fast as he could do. In her hurry, one of her glass shoes left behind.
A few days later, the prince declared that he would marry the girl whose feet fitted the glass shoe. Cinderella’s stepsisters tried on it but it was too small for them, no matter how hard they squeezed their toes into it. In the end, the king’s page let Cinderella try the shoe. She stretched his legs and slipped the shoe on the page. It fitted perfectly. Finally, she was ushered into a magnificent palace and height. The prince were glad to see her again. They married and lived happily ever after.
- Paragraf pertama berisi Orientation, yaitu pengenalan tokoh-tokoh yang ada pada dongeng Cinderella.
- Paragraf kedua berisi Complication, yaitu masalah muncul ketika Cinderella tidak boleh pergi ke pesta dansa (ball).
- Paragraf ketiga berisi Resolution, yaitu masalah terpecahkan ketika seorang peri menolongnya.
- Paragraf terakhir, berisi Re-Orientation, yaitu akhir cerita yang bahagia dimana akhirnya Cinderella menikah dengan pangeran.